The 10 ugliest cars produced since 1996
2. Pontiac Aztek – No comment necessary. Europeans should consider themselves lucky that General Motors didn’t subject them to this car.
3. Chrysler PT Cruiser convertible – You can turn a bus into a full convertible by driving under a low bridge. Faster, and better looking.
4. BMW Z3 coupe – The Z3 roadster is a classic, but the coupe is very poorly proportioned; an absolute afterthought of a design and a blot on the brand.
5. Renault Avantime – Everybody looked at it and recognized it was a two-door minivan.
6. Porsche Cayenne – It is a whale of a car. Literally. Drivers often have no idea where the right side of this beast is.
7. Mercedes G class – For this car’s outrageous price one gets old technology and third-world styling. No thanks!
8. Lancia Ypsilon (especially the two-tone version) – We get it. It’s not supposed to be a Fiat. But it is, just an ugly one.
9. Mercedes Vaneo – It really is a commercial vehicle. It is no surprise Mercedes stopped building it in 2005.
10 Mazda RX-8 – Yes, some frogs do have unsightly bulges behind their eyes. But princesses really don’t kiss them.
You can reach Jesse Snyder at email@example.com.