(Reuters) -- Automakers from around the world are showing off their latest products and technology at the Beijing auto show, which opens this week.
nternational brands will showcase 14 world premiere models, including the long-wheelbase versions of the BMW 5 series and Audi A8 sedans, while Chinese makers will unveil 75 at the show.
Here are facts about some of the most important premieres that domestic and overseas carmakers to display at the show:
- Launches its Mercedes E-series long-wheelbase version
- The model, which will be on sale in June, will only be available in China, where there is a large market for chauffeur-driven executives and officials
- Uses 1.8-liter turbocahrged engine
- Launches its 5-series long-wheelbase version
- The model is manufactured by BMW's China joint venture with Brilliance Auto in Shenyang. It will also be available only in China
- All models equipped with 8-speed automatic transmission
- To show the long-wheelbase version of A8
- The company's flagship model will be available around the world
- Uses 8-speed transmission and the Quattro all-wheel-drive system
- Launches its 599 GTO sports car
- The model is said to be the fastest among all Ferrari models
- Uses a 6.0-liter V-12 engine, which produces a maximum of 661 hp
- 0-100 kph (about 60 mph) in 3.35 seconds. Maximum speed is about 335 kph
- Launches the face-lift of flagship Phaeton
- Equipped with 3.6- or 4.2-liter engine; hybrid version is also available
- Launches new Panamera V-6
- Uses a 3.6-liter V-6 engine. Two-wheel- and four-wheel-drive models available
- The German sport car maker introduced the first version of the Panamera four-door sports car at the Shanghai auto show last year
- Launches 3 models
- The highlight for the Chinese car and battery maker will be the S6, its first (SUV)
- S6 uses 5-speed manual transmission
- To launch 11 new models
- Showcases 39 models in total, including sedans, SUVs, minivans, pickups and sports cars
- Japan's No. 2 automaker is set to announce plans to add a high-end model to its lineup at Guangqi Honda, a joint venture with Guangzhou Automobile
- Another joint venture, Dongfeng Honda, a 50-50 venture with Dongfeng Motor Group Co., will showcase a new concept model for its own brand, Linian, which is due to launch sales in 2011.
Sources: company press releases, media reports.