PSA/Peugeot-Citroen, Ford Motor Co., General Motors Co.'s Vauxhall unit, Kia, Volvo and Johnson Controls were among the companies to have an executive named as a Rising Star in the automotive industry by Automotive News Europe.
Fifteen young and talented leaders were honored for their achievements by Automotive News Europe on Wednesday in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
The Rising Stars come from all sectors of the industry -- from automakers to suppliers, manufacturing to design, logistics to purchasing. Each winner has spearheaded change and made progress up the career ladder. Selected from more than 150 nominations, the 2012 Rising Stars award winners are:
- Duncan Aldred – Vauxhall Motors -- GENERAL MANAGEMENT
- David Brennan – LeasePlan UK -- GENERAL MANAGEMENT
- Malin Domstad – Volvo Cars -- PURCHASING
- Terry C. Nadeau – Johnson Controls -- PURCHASING
- Richard Hill – Royal Bank of Scotland -- FINANCE
- Cathy O'Callaghan – Ford of Europe -- FINANCE
- Xavier Duchemin – Citroen -- MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS
- Spiros Fotinos – Toyota Spain -- MARKETING/COMMUNICATIONS
- Dennis Henning – Lear -- MANUFACTURING
- Alan Volkaerts – Jaguar Land Rover -- MANUFACTURING
- Bernard Bradley – Kia Motors Europe -- SALES
- Gilles Vidal – Peugeot -- DESIGN
- Darren Palmer – Ford of Europe -- ENGINEERING
- Patrick Goedden – Kia Motors Europe -- HUMAN RESOURCES
- Gabi Whitfield – Nissan International -- PR/COMMUNICATIONS
The Automotive News Europe Rising Stars awards are sponsored by PwC, Magma and GL Events and are supported by Pininfarina.
To nominate a Rising Star for 2013, go to www.AneRisingStars.com.