Automotive News Europe names Eurostars winners for 2018
Eighteen top executives have been named as Eurostars by Automotive News Europe.
The 21st annual Eurostars award recognizes executives who have stood out from their rivals by exceeding expectations.
Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi CEO Carlos Ghosn turned his alliance into the world’s largest automaker, passing Volkswagen Group in global sales.
Skoda CEO Bernhard Maier led the Czech automaker to a 2017 profit margin that even exceeded Audi, its sister brand and VW Group’s traditional earnings powerhouse.
Toyota Europe boss Johan van Zyl has the Japanese automaker on the fast track because of strong demand for models such as the C-HR crossover and Yaris small car.
Lamborghini CEO Stefano Domenicali spearheaded the launch of the supercar maker’s first SUV, the Urus, which has the company on track to set a new all-time sales high in 2018.
The other 14 Eurostars, who were chosen by the editors of Automotive News Europe, have achieved equally impressive results.
The 2018 Eurostars are:
- GROUP CEO -- Carlos Ghosn -- Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi CEO
- BRAND CEO -- Bernhard Maier -- Skoda CEO
- EUROPEAN OPERATIONS HEAD -- Johan van Zyl -- Toyota Europe CEO
- CFO -- Clotilde Delbos -- Renault Group Chief Financial Officer
- SALES & MARKETING EXECUTIVE -- Sylvain Coursimault -- Dacia Global Marketing Manager
- DESIGN (MULTIPLE MODELS) -- Alejandro Mesonero-Romanos -- Seat Design Director
- SUPPLIER CEO -- Elmar Degenhart -- Continental CEO
- SUPPLIER DIVISION HEAD -- Silvio Angori -- Pininfarina CEO & COO
- SUPERLUXURY CEO -- Stefano Domenicali -- Lamborghini CEO
- PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT EXECUTIVE -- Gilles Le Borgne -- PSA EVP Quality & Engineering
- PROJECT LEADER INDIVIDUAL CAR -- Alexander Petrofski -- Volvo Senior Program Director (XC40)
- MANUFACTURING EXECUTIVE -- Andreas Wendt -- BMW Dingolfing Plant General Director
- EV PROJECT LEADER -- Gareth Dunsmore -- Nissan Europe EV & Zero Emissions Strategy Director
- DESIGN (INDIVIDUAL MODEL) -- Pierre-Paul Mattei -- PSA Project Design Director (Peugeot 508)
- CONNECTED CAR & AUTONOMOUS DRIVING EXECUTIVE -- Malin Labecker -- Volvo Digital User Experience Development Center Director
- ENTREPRENEUER -- Mate Rimac -- Rimac Automobili Founder & CEO
- LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT -- Giorgetto Giugiaro -- GFG Style Chairman
- SPECIAL RECOGNITION -- Annette Winkler -- Former Head of Smart
For more on the winners, please click here.
Automotive News Europe and PwC will honor the winners at an awards dinner in Paris this evening.