London Electric Vehicle Co., a UK-based taxi manufacturer owned by Chinese carmaker Zhejiang Geely Holding, appointed dealers in two major German cities to expand its distribution network in Europe.
Koch Gruppe Automobile in Berlin and AMC Kruell in Hamburg will provide sales and aftersales services for its taxis, LEVC said.
The first electric vehicle to be marketed and serviced by the two German dealers will be the TX Shuttle, which is based on LEVC's iconic London black cab. It will be followed by the VN5, a light van, in spring 2021.
LEVC has signed three dealers in Germany.
The first, Autohaus Markötter Bielefeld, in northwest Germany, was appointed in July to support customers in the Ostwestfalen-Lippe region, the manufacturer said.
LEVC, previously known as Manganese Bronze, was acquired and bailed out by Geely in 2016.
With Geely’s investment, the manufacturer, which produces vehicles in Coventry, England, has launched sales in Germany, France, Switzerland, Denmark, Malaysia and Japan.
The company, with a focus on developing EVs, is expected to target additional exports.
By 2022, LEVC aims to export 60 percent of vehicles built at the Coventry factory, with the remaining 40 percent to be sold in the UK.
By 2024, the company aims to have a fleet of taxicabs and electric vans operating in major cities around the world, according to Geely.